AP G.O.MS.No. 48 Dated:02-12-2015. Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University - Continuation of services in Andhra Pradesh study centres/campuses – Administrative Sanction - Orders.
Higher Education – Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University – Orders of Hon’ble High Court dated.04.9.2015 in SUO MOTU PIL No.202 of 2015 - Continuation of services in Andhra Pradesh study centres/campuses – Administrative Sanction - Orders - Issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (UE) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 48 Dated:02-12-2015.
Read the following:
Ø Orders of Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the State of Telangana and State of Andhra Pradesh, Dt. 4.9.2015 in SUO MOTO PIL No,.202 of 2015.
Ø Lr.No.4575/UE/A1/2015, Higher Education (UE) Deptt., Andhra Pradesh, Dt. 22.9.2015 addressed to the Principal Secretary to Govt., H.E Dept
Ø From the Prl.Secretary to Govt., Higher Education (UE) Deptt., Telangana State, Lr.No.5983/UE/2015-1, Dt. 16.10.2015.
Ø Lr.No.4575/UE/A1/2015, Higher Education (UE) Deptt., Andhra Pradesh, Dt. 21.10.2015 addressed to the Principal Secretary to Govt., H.E Dept.,
Ø From the Prl.Secretary to Govt., Higher Education (UE) Deptt., Telangana State, Lr.No.5983/UE/2015-2, Dt. 26.10.2015
Ø D.O.Lr.No.4575/UE/2015, Higher Education (UE)Deptt, Andhra Pradesh, Dt. 3.11.2015.
1.In the reference 1st read above, the Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the State of Telangana and State of Andhra Pradesh, in its order dated.04.9.2015 in SUO MOTO PIl No.202 of 2015, among others, has passed orders as follows: “The State of Telangana shall not close Study Centres situated in the State of Andhra Pradesh till the issue is resolved in pursuance of this order or pending the hearing and final disposal of the PIL. They shall continue to extend all the services / facilities to the students and staff, teaching and nonteaching as they have been doing all these years and in particular till the end of July, 2015. The Government of Andhra Pradesh is directed to pay the salaries of all the persons employed to run the Study Centres situated in their State and also to maintain those Study Centres subject to further orders that will be passed either in this PIL or the terms and conditions fixed by the order of the Central Government.”
2. In the references 3rd read above, the Principal Secretary to Government, Higher Education(UE) Department, Telangana State while enclosing (3) annexures showing the details of salaries, expenditure incurred and reimbursement of expenditure, has informed that, the details of the salaries to be paid to the staff working in those 92 study centres per month as Anneure-I which is Rs.31,34,960/- (Rupees Thirty One Lakhs Thirty Four Thousand, Nine Hundred and Sixty only) and the total salaries for 8 months required is also indicated in Annexure-I i.e.., from 01.08.2015 to 31.03.2016 as Rs.2,50,79, 680 (Rupees Two Crores, Fifty Lakhs Seventy Nine Thousand Six Hundred and Eighty only). The details of all the expenditure to be incurred for the 92 study centres including the salaries and other running and maintenance costs and including the costs to be borne by Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad for providing academic and other services is amounting to Rs.7, 86,70,432/- (Rupees Seven Crores, Eighty Six Lakhs, Seventy Thousand, Four Hundred and Thirty Two only) as Annexure-II. She has requested to pay the salaries and other running and maintenance costs directly at the study centre level and pay Rs.3,78,73,928 (Rupees Three centres, seventy eight lakhs, seventy three thousand, nine hundred and twenty eight only) in advance to Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad, so that certain academic and administrative and other services can be provided to those 92 study centres. If it is decided to pay the entire amount directly to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad, then the entire amount of Rs.7,86,70, 432/- (Rupees seven crores eighty six lakhs seventy thousand four hundred and thirty two only) may be paid in advance to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad towards to meet all these expenses.
3. It is also requested that the Government of A.P must reimburse the expenditure of Rs.16,93,79,368/- (Rupees Sixteen crores, ninety three lakhs, seventy nine thousand, three hundred and sixty eight only) in Annexure-III, which is already incurred for providing services during the period from 02.06.2014 to 31.07.2015 immediately.
4. A.P Government have examined the matter in detail, and observed the details of budget release and adjustment of Accountant General in 2014-15 in undivided State of Andhra Pradesh in respect of the following Universities as detailed below:- (Rupees in Crores)
However, as per the meeting held on 19.11.2015 in the Chamber of Secretary to Government, Higher Education Department, A.P. with the Secretary to Government, Finance Department, A.P & Secretary to Government Finance Department, Telangana State, it is decided to allow the claim of Telangana State as per Annexure-II to pay an amount of Rs.7,86,70,432 /- in two spells, subject to outcome of High Court Judgment in the main Writ Petition.
5. Accordingly, Government, hereby sanction an amount of Rs. 7,86,70,432/- (Rupees Seven Crores Eighty Six Lakhs Seventy Thousand and Four Hundred Thirty Two only) in two spells, without prejudice to the rights and contentions in the main writ petition, to the Registrar, Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad. Out of that, as a first spell, an amount of Rs.3,93,35,216/- is released immediately and the balance of Rs. 3,93,35,216/- will be released in the month of January, 2016 as a second spell.
6. The amount sanctioned in para (3) above shall be debited under the Head of Account 2202 - 03 -MH 102 – 00 – SH 10 – 310-311.
7. The Finance (FMU.HE)Deptt., is requested to issue B.R.O. to the extent of the amount sanctioned in para (3) above.
8. The Registrar, Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad shall draw and disburse the sanctioned amount in para (5) above
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
Get Download G.O Information - Click Here.