AP GO.NO:16 AP Tribal Schools for Scholarship rate to Rs.18,000/- to 3rd to 7th classes and Rs.26,000/- for classes 8th to 10th per student Increase per annumin the BAS scheme from the Academic year 2015-16.
Andhra Pradesh AP TRIBAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT – EDUCATION - Best Available Schools – Enhancement of Scholarship rate to Rs.18,000/- to 3rd to 7th classes and Rs.26,000/- for classes 8th to 10th per student per annum to the ST students and Increase intake of ST students from 4149 to 8298 duly including the Schools of Excellence in the BAS scheme from the Academic year 2015-16 – Orders – Issued.
TRIBAL WELFARE (EDN.1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No:16 Dated: 30-01-2016.
Read the following:-
- 1. G.O.Ms.No.175, Social Welfare (E.1) Department, Dt. 07-12-1990.
- 2. G.O.Ms.No.70, Social Welfare (TW.Edn.II) Department, Dt.01-08-2001.
- 3. G.O.Ms.No.49, Social Welfare (TW.Edn.1) Department, Dt.20-06-2013.
- 4. G.O.Rt.No.157, TW Eucation.A2, Department, Dt.02-04-2015.
- 5. G.O.Ms.No.42, Social Welfare (TW) Department, Dt.31-05-2006.
- 6. Director of Tribal Welfare, AP., Hyderabad, Letter Rc.No.J2/1435/2015, Dt.19-05-2015, 07-07-2015 & 20-11-2015.
1.In the G.O. 6th read above the DTW, Hyderabad has stated that basing on the
huge demand from S.T. Parents for admission of their children under Best Available Schools in the respective Districts and also to provide quality education to their wards in their District itself, particularly in rural areas, it is proposed to increase the number of pre-matric scholarships to be sanctioned to the S.T. students studying in the Best Available Schools by 100% adding another 4149 seats from the academic year 2015-16.
2. Further, the DTW, Hyderabad has informed that the present fee structure of
Rs.20, 000/- per annum per boarder which was fixed during 2001 vide G.O. 2nd
read above needs to be enhanced in order to enroll the best schools offering the
best academic inputs under this scheme, basing on the various factors such as price
escalation of commodities, the nutritional needs, increase in rents and other items
3. Therefore the DTW, Hyderabad has requested the Government to enhance
Pre Matric scholarship rate of ST students studying in Best Available Schools
Rs.20,000/- for the 3rd to 7th classes and Rs.30,000/- for the 8th to 10th classes and
also to increase the intake of ST children from 4149 to 8298 seats from
2015-16 onwards duly including the Schools of Excellence in to the Best Available
4. The DTW, AP., Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.from the Academic year 2015-16 duly including the Schools of Excellence in to the Best Available Schools scheme subject to considering the following:-
- i) Department shall closely monitor the performance of the students and the schools and ensure special counseling support for the students.
- ii) Ensure atleast 80% admissions to students from scheduled areas.
- iii) Payment is made through Aadhaar linked Bank Account.
The DTW, AP., Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O.No.14280/141/A2/EBS-III/2015, Dt.18-08-2015.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (TW).
The Director of Tribal Welfare, AP, Hyderabad.
All Project Officers of ITDAs in the State.
All District Collectors.
All DTWOs in the State.
The Director of Treasuries & Accounts, AP., Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers in State.
The Accountant General, AP., Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, AP., Hyderabad.
The Special Secretary to Hon’ble CM
The Finance (EBS-III) Department, AP., Hyderabad
The PS to Minister for Tribal Welfare, AP., Hyderabad.
The PS to Special CS to Government (Tribal Welfare Department)
The PS to Principal Secretary to (Social Welfare Department).
The PA to Joint Secretary (TW)