Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVS) Entrance Test For Admission to IXth Class Against Vacant Seats During 2016-17.
ENTRANCE TEST FOR ADMISSION TO THE CLASS IX AGAINST VACANT SEATS
As envisaged in National Policy of Education (NEP), 1986, Govt. of India set co-educational residential institutions named Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas in 28 States and 07 UTs excluding Tamil Nadu. At present, 598 such Vidyalayas have been sanctioned in the country.
Applications are invited for admission to Class IX of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of
the District, against the vacant seats, which are likely to be available during the
academic year 2016-17. The admission is through an All India Test to be conducted on Sunday, 24th April 2016 at 10.00 hrs. in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the district
concerned. The medium of test is English/Hindi.
- a) Only those candidates who have studied/is studying in class VIII during the Academic Session 2015-16 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought.
- b) Candidate appearing for the selection test must pass Class VIII in the academicsession 2015-16 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- c) Candidates seeking admission must not have been born before 01.05.2000 and after 30.04.2004. This will apply to candidates of all categories including those belonging to SC/ST.
- d) Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate in case a doubt arises about the age certificate produced by the candidate before the admission is given. Nature of the Selection Test.
The test will be objective/descriptive type with 03 hours duration without any break. Centre for the examination will be Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district.
How to Apply
The Prospectus-cum-Application form containing detailed instructions can be obtained free of cost from the Office of Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and office of District and Block Education Officers of the District. Application forms can also be downloaded from our Office
website http://www.nvshq.org Neatly typed and Xeroxed copy of the applications also can be used for applying.
Application form filled in all respect is to be submitted to the office of Principal, Jawahar
Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district by Monday the 29th February 2016 either through Registered Post or in person.
STATE-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYAS
As per the provisions of the Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up
in each district. At present, there are 591 functional Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
spread over 28 States and 07 UTs.
ADMISSION TO CLASS IX AGAINST VACANT SEATS
In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and facilities available in these Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill the vacant seats in Class IX through an All India
level Selection Test.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS IX
Vidyalaya wise vacant seats in Class IX will be notified in the website of JNVs & Regional Offices concerned. Application for admission to Class IX can be made in the prescribed application proforma, attached to this Prospectus, obtainable free of charge
from the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district. Format of Application Form can also be downloaded from the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti website,
www.nvshq.org / Regional Office’s Website.
HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM
Application Form duly completed in all respect must reach the Office of the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district on or before Monday the 29th February 2016 Duly filled in application forms must be sent through registered post A/D. If the candidate prefers to submit Application Form in person, he/she is advised to get the acknowledgement from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
ISSUE OF ADMIT CARD
Admit Card for appearing at the Selection Test will be issued to the candidates by
Monday 11th April 2016. If the candidate does not get the Admission Card latest by
Monday, the 18th April 2016, he/she must contact the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for obtaining the same.
VENUE & DATE OF THE SELECTION TEST
Selection Test for admission to Class IX will be conducted on Sunday, the 24th April,
2016 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of concerned district.
RESULT OF SELECTION TEST
Result of the Selection Test will be notified in the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as
published in the website of JNVs concerned. Selected candidates will also be intimated
- 1. Only those candidates who have studied/ is studying in Class VIII during the Academic Session 2015-16 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought.
- 2. Candidate appearing for the selection test must pass Class VIII in the academic session2015-16 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- 3. Candidates seeking admission must not have been born before 01.05.2000 and after 30.04.2004. This will apply to candidates of all categories including those belonging to SC/ST.
- 4. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate in case a doubt regarding age certificate produced by the candidate before the admission is given.
The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified are reserved for the SC/ST students.
SELECTION AND ADMISSION
- 1.Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon candidate to secure admission into JNV till the candidate produces all the relevant certificates such as date of birth, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
- 2 Details of the marks obtained in the test are not communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling.
- 3 Candidates will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
- 4 At the time of admission, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) Scheduled Tribes (STs) & Other Backward Classes (OBCs) categories will have to produce the required Scheduled Caste/Tribe or OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- 5 In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the candidates.
- Date of Examination – Saturday 24th April, 2016
- Duration - Three hours (10.00 Am to 1.00 PM)
- Centre for examination shall be in the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned.
Medium of Language for Examination will be English/Hindi.
COMPOSITION OF THE TEST
Selection Test will consist of subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and
Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be Class VIII.
Time Activity Schedule for Conduct of Lateral Entry Test 2016 for Class IX during the Academic Year 2016-17.