OU visvesvaraya PhD Admission Notification - 2016.
Ph.D Admissions (2015-16) under Visvesvaraya Ph.D Scheme
1. General Instructions:
The Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, Govt of India has sanctioned 5 (Five) Full-time and 5 (Five) Part-time Ph.D fellowships from the academic year 2015-16.
2. Eligibility Criteria: The candidates should have passed
- 2.1. For ECE: BE/B.Tech (ECE)/AMITE/IETE and ME/M.Tech (ECE)
- 2.2. For CSE:ME/M.Tech (CSE)
- 2.3. Obtained a Post Graduate Degree from a recognized University securing not less than 55% marks for General Category candidates and securing not less than 50% marks in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- 3.1. Applications are invited from Candidates having the qualification defined under clause (2) sated above.
- 3.2. The Candidates should have obtained his admission for Master’s programme on the basis of GATE Score Or Candidates should have Qualified in University Eligibility test conducted in January 2015. Or Qualified in NET/APSET/CSIR
- 3.3. If more number of applications are received, a screening test will be conducted for short listing the candidates for the interview. The Institution/ University reserves its right to decide on the conduct of screening test and short listing of candidates.
- 3.4. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview along with his/her Research Proposal.
- 3.5. Final admission of candidates to Ph.D programme will be done as per Seat Matrix given in Annexure-I
4. Application Form and its Submission:
- 4.1 Application Form can be downloaded from the Websites www.uceou.edu and www.osmania.ac.in
- 4.2 Filled in Application Form along with a DD for Rs 500/-( Rs 250/- In case of SC/ST) drawn in favour of the Principal, University College of Engineering(A), Osmania University payable at Hyderabad along with supporting documents as per Annexure –II is to be submitted in Principal’s Office on or before 20th January2016 at 4.00pm.
- 4.3 If applications are sent by post, the envelop is to be superscribed as “Application form for Admission to Ph.D. Program in Department of CSE/ECE under VS”.
5. Candidates from Industry /Research Organization are encouraged to apply.
6. Screening test if required will be held on 24th January 2016 at the Main Building UCE OU.
7. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held in the second week of February 2016.
8. All the information regarding admission process, Schedule of Screening Test, Shortlisted Candidates Names and Interview Scheduled etc will be updated on college Website.
9. The Syllabus for Screening Test (if conducted) for ECE and CSE is given in Annexure-III&IV respectively.
10. It is every candidate’s personal responsibility to visit the Website and update himself / herself about the
details stated in clause (9) above. No personal intimation / information will be sent to the candidates about/Screening Test and Interview.
11. Short listing for Screening Test / Interview does not guarantee admission to Ph.D programme.
12. Candidates already admitted to Ph.D programme of Osmania University are not eligible to convert themselves to scholars under Visvesvsraya Ph.D Scheme.
13. Admission procedure is subject to University rules in force from time to time.