TS G.O 54 Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship to SC Students Higher studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities Guidelines.SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT - Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Financial assistance for SC Students for pursuing Higher studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2013-14 – Guidelines – Issued.
SOCIAL WELFARE (EDN.2) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms .No. 54 Dated:28-06-2013
Read the following:-
- 1.From the Commissioner of Social Welfare, AP, Hyderabad, Letter
- Rc.No.D(3)/2456/2013, dated 23-04-2013.
- 2.Minutes of the Meeting of Nodal Agency dated 13-03-2013 & 04-05-2013.
- 3.Minutes of the Meeting of State Council 21-05-2013.
O R D E R
1.Government of Andhra Pradesh have made substantial investments through providing Post-Matric Scholarships to SC students on a Saturation basis. This laudable initiative over the years has encouraged a large number of SC students to complete professional Courses and other Graduate Courses.
2. The post-liberalized economy has thrown vast opportunities and challenges in India and abroad in respect of education and jobs. Students from the SC community are often handicapped because of their extreme backwardness and social stigma to access the benefit of pursuing education abroad to better their
3. The proposal to introduce the “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” was duly examined by the Nodal agency in its meeting on 13-03-2013 & 04-05-2013 & recommended for inclusion under SCSP 2013-14 to the State Council. The State Council in its meeting on 21-05-2013 has approved the proposal for inclusion under SCSP 2013-14.
4. In pursuance of the approval by the State Council in its meeting on 21-05-2013 & with a view to enable the benefit of higher education in foreign Universities to meritorious SC students thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the Country and Abroad, Government have decided to introduce the scheme of Financial Assistance to SC students for pursuing studies abroad under the Scheduled Caste Sub Plan 2013-14.
5.Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi will be sanctioned to 500 SC students every year and is open to all eligible SC student graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad subject to the following guidelines:
SC Students whose family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum. In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest Tax Assessment as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer is also required to be enclosed with the application.
The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
(1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management /Pure Sciences /Agriculture Sciences /Medicine & Nursing /Social Sciences / Humanities.
(2) For PhD Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine / Social Sciences/ Humanities.
(d) One Child in a family one time Award:
Not more than one child of the same parents / guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect a selfcertification will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a life time.
(e) Countries eligible under the Scheme: