TS Go.NO: 4 – Subordinate Services Rules minimum service for promotion or appointment by transfer to next higher category.Telangana Public Services – State and Subordinate Services – Stipulation of minimum service for promotion or appointment by transfer to next higher category – Adhoc Rule – Issued.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (SER.A) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 4 Dated: 05-01-2016
Read the following:-
- 1.G.O.Ms.No.627, GA (Ser.A) Department, Dated:21.12.1983.
- 2.G.O.Ms.No.230, GA (Ser.A) Department, Dated:31.05.2014
1.According to the policy enunciated in the G.O.1st read above, in certain special /
adhoc rules relating to various State and Subordinate Services, a provision was made to the effect that the minimum period of service was reduced from 5 years to 3 years, but in no case shall it be less than 2 years in the category, class or grade from which
promotion or appointment by transfer is proposed to the next higher category, class or grade. The above said position created certain confusion. Therefore, to keep the matter beyond doubt without giving scope for any other interpretation,notwithstanding anything contained in the relevant Special Rules or the Adhoc Rules for the State and Subordinate Services, an adhoc rule was issued vide G.O.2nd read above, stipulating a minimum service of 3 years in the feeder category for promotion or appointment by transfer to the higher category.
2. It has been noticed that due to allocation of cadre strength, vacancies and employees to the Telangana, most of the post are vacant and the vacancies could not be filled up by promotion or appointment by transfer due to non-availability of eligible and qualified persons in the respective feeder categories and therefore, it is decided to issue an adhoc rule, reducing the minimum required service from 3 years to 2 years for the current panel year (i.e. 2015-16), so as to enable the appointing authorities to fill up the vacancies in the interest of administration.
3. Accordingly, the following notification is published in the Telangana Gazette:-
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and of all other powers hereunto enabling, the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following adhoc rule:-
“Notwithstanding anything contained in the relevant Special Rules or the Adhoc Rules for the State and Subordinate Services, a minimum period of service of 2 years is stipulated in the category, class or grade from which promotion or appointment by transfer is proposed to the next higher category, class or grade”.
4. This adhoc rule shall be come into force with immediate effect and shall be in force
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.