SV University Degree/P.G Distance Education (DDE) 2017 Notification for Admissions into Directorate of Distance Education is offering B.A.(Regular and Open University System), B.Com.(Regular and Open University System), B.L.I.Sc and Post- Graduate Courses (M.A., M.Com., M.Sc., M.B.A., Executive M.B.A., M.C.A., L.L.M., M.S.P.R. and M.S.W.) Notification and more information visit at svudde.in
S.V. University introduced correspondence courses in the year 1972 to extend the frontiers of academic excellence beyond its campus. This Institute of Correspondence Courses (ICC) was upgraded as Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) in April 1995 as per the UGC norms. At present, the Directorate of Distance Education is offering B.A.(Regular and Open University System), B.Com.(Regular and Open University System), B.L.I.Sc., B.Ed., B.Ed.(III Methodology), P.G. Diploma in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, PG Diploma in Guidance and Counselling apart from the Post- Graduate Courses (M.A., M.Com., M.Sc., M.B.A., Executive M.B.A., M.C.A., L.L.M., M.S.P.R. and M.S.W.).
Main Objectives of Distance Education Institutions
- To provide higher educational opportunities to the people who were deprived of the same earlier.
- To promote professional efficiency for the in-service candidates.
- To meet the challenges of changing needs of the society in a global era.
- To provide wider opportunity to the youth who are not able to join in regular colleges due to various reasons.
- To provide high quality of education with minimum expenditure.
Mode of Payment of fees
Candidates seeking admissions into the course have to pay the fee amount as stated against the course through DDE Online challan of AB/SBI and send it along with their application form.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction for PG courses will be in English only except for Telugu and Hindi subjects. However, the students who are willing to write the University Examination in Telugu Medium are permitted to do so by the University.
The Directorate of Distance Education will supply the study material to all the students. Study Material are in English Medium only except for Telugu and Hindi language subjects. For those students enrolled through SVU DDE Study Centres can obtain the study materials from the study centres only.
Contact Programme Classes
The DDE will organize useful 12 days contact programme classes for all M.A./M.Com. courses by experienced faculty for both previous and final year students separately. For science courses refer the concerned subject page for details.
At the end of each academic year i.e., First Year and Second Year, the students have to appear for the examinations conducted by the University. The examinations will be conducted once in a year. Each paper carries maximum marks of 100 (University examinations for 80 marks and internal assessment through assignments for 20 marks). To declare pass for PG Degree, a candidate has to pass all the papers. In each paper a candidate has to secure 35% of marks in university examinations 28 out of 80 marks for those courses each have internal assignments and an aggregate of 40% of marks. The internal assessment through assignments of 20 marks are introduced for M.A., (All subjects) M.Com., M.B.A. and M.Sc. Mathematics courses only.
All the admitted candidates have to write the assignments, which carry 20 marks in each paper in both previous and final years. The assignment question papers will be supplied to all the candidates by DDE. All the assignment note books should reach the O/o DDE, SVU, Tirupati before the date of commencement of the yearly examinations. Failure in submitting the written assignment note books within the time stipulated will never be considered for future examinations and will forgo the assignment marks to be added to the theory marks forever.
Offered UG/Degree Courses:
- B.A.(Regular and Open University System)
- B.Sc(Regular and Open University System)
- B.Com.(Regular and Open University System),
- B.L.I.Sc(Regular and Open University System)
POST GRADUATE COURSES OFFERED BY SV UNIVERSITY:
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Political Science and Public Administration
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Telugu
- Master of Arts in Hindi
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Commerce
- M.Com. (Financial Management)
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Psychology
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration( Executive)
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Zoology
- Master of Science in Botany
- Master of Library and Information Science(M.L.I.Sc.)
- M.Ed ( 2014-2015 Batch Only)